Thursday, June 4, 2015

eat to live, don't live to eat. {mary grace}

i'm not gonna lie, i wake up every morning excited to eat. i've never been a big breakfast person, especially since i don't eat meat or eggs & don't drink milk, but my new routine has got me pumped up for mornings. i have recently become accustomed to eating avocado toast & a fruit//green smoothie for my morning meal & will never go back. i am now incapable of living without avocado ;).

i am 6 months vegetarian, and have since learned so much about food & what i am putting into my body (thanks largely to my very knowledgeable, aware, and vegan momma). by no means am i an expert and i am learning every day, but i love the idea of eating to live instead of living to eat. i have not yet once regretted my decision for removing meat from my diet & have actually had a lot of fun trying out new recipes & figuring out yummy supplements & alternatives. 

if anything, take the time to enjoy the food you're given! spend a little extra time becoming aware of what foods you are feeding your body & eat to nourish rather than to instantly gratify cravings.

here are a few photos of some of the foods i've been eating recently...

^^banana, strawberry, mango, spinach, coconut milk, chia seeds.^^


^^my homemade vegan cinnamon & sugar donuts // before & after^^

^^goooood morning.^^

^^i'm a big, big fan of these, people. corn tortillas w/ vegan cheese, refried beans, veggie burger, vegan chipotle sauce, avocado, and greens. holy yum.^^

^^nothing quite like refreshing watermelon juice to accompany you for a day by the pool & a day in the sun.^^

^^some of my faves all in one pic. my avocado toast, freshly blended watermelon juice (so easy!), and vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.^^


xoxo,

mg.

No comments:

Post a Comment